

The weekend of Spring Break, the Long Center had it's sneak peak weekend. Free concerts all weekend. I "dragged" Terry to the MASS Ensemble. http://www.massensemble.com/ It was the coolest thing I have seen and so hard to describe. You'll have to visit their website to understand. The concert started at 8:30 and lasted to around 10:30...and it was FREE!
I thought it was so cool that I convinced the kids they should go on Sunday during their outdoor live concert. They made a HUGE harp that connected the entire outside of the Long Center. The sound was something like maybe glasses of water being played....but much bigger. You could feel it inside your body as the string were played above your. The bad thing is just as they started to play it began to rain, cold hard rain. So after one song they had to call the show. BUT....the neat thing is they let anyone who wanted to try and play the huge harp a chance to do so. Here are some photos of the kids with the man who designs all the wierd muscial instrutments they group uses. You had to wear resin covered gloves and pull your hands across the strings. I think the photo of Rebekah give some idea of how the harp was strong using the building. You can see the Austin skyline in the back.
No comments:
Post a Comment